I have a Windows 8 laptop which I play Sins of a Solar Empire on and I want to move it to my second monitor which is connected via a VGA cable. How would I do that? Windows + shift + ← or → does move normal windows from monitor to monitor but it doesn’t move my game for some reason. The game is full screen. Any idea how?
I may have a solution/workaround if you’re using windows 8.1:
- Make your “secondary” (the one you want the game to display the game on) as primary.
- Right-click your taskbar and unlock it.
- Drag and drop your “primary” taskbar (The one with the clock) to your now secondary monitor (the one you don’t want the game to be displayed on)
- Right-click your taskbar and go to properties, and go to the navigation tab.
- Check the box stating: “Show Start on the display I’m using when i go to Start and hit OK or Apply
- Drag and drop all your icons from your now Primary monitor to the now secondary monitor.
This makes the secondary monitor feel like the primary, and the games start on the “secondary” monitor.
Windows should treat this as a “profile” which means that when you unplug your external monitor your icons and taskbar should stay on the correct screen, and when you plug it back in, it should go to the defined settings, but I’m not sure about this.
I hope this helps.