Pokemon GO isn’t working at all for me right now. I’m in one of the following circumstances and can’t do anything:
- My game is displaying a “Try Again” message
- I’m stuck on the Loading Screen
- When I sign in I get a message that the servers are experiencing problems.
- I see the map but nothing is loaded, and my team color is wrong
- The “loading” Pokeball just ends up spinning and I can’t catch or interact with things
- When I try to catch a Pokemon, the Pokeball just sits on my screen doing nothing
- Gym opponents will drop to 1 HP and won’t take any more damage or attack
- When I open a pokestop, the pokestop image and the name of the pokestop does not load.
What’s causing this? Is there a way to fix it?
Most (if not all) of the problems listed in the question are related to the Pokemon GO servers being offline, slow to respond, or overloaded with requests.
In the meantime, nobody likes not playing the game. Fortunately, there are a few things you can do:
- Just Wait
The easiest (and best) move to take is just to wait for the servers to restore to a normal state. You can check the server status at this handy page, or by just trying to log in to the game.
- Force Quit the App
Sometimes, the app will get stuck in a cycle of failure and will be unable to actually do anything. You can fix this by [iOS] opening the Multitasking window and swiping up on Pokemon GO, or [Android] navigating to Settings > Apps > Pokemon GO and then touching the Force Quit button.
- [Android] Clear Caches/Data
As a more extreme measure, you can go to Settings > Apps > Pokemon GO and tap the Clear Data button. Note that this will only delete your local data — your Pokemon will be safe. However, you will need to log in again. Be sure you know what account you used/created for Pokemon GO if you do this.
- Reinstall the App
If all else fails, you can just go the nuclear option and erase the entire app and start again. If you have an existing account (and you know the credentials used), your Pokemon will be at no risk and will all be there once you log in again.