Recently, I bought an Xbox 360 wireless controller for PC, which comes with the USB receiver…
I want to play ”Rayman Origins” in co-op with my girlfriend, and I want to know if it is a good idea to buy a normal Xbox 360 wireless controller (for Xbox) and if it would work as a second player using the same USB receiver?
Or do I need to buy another Xbox 360 wireless controller for PC, and use the same receiver? Or use 2 receivers?
This wireless receiver product description on amazon specifies that you can use up to 4 wireless controllers with one single receiver.
To pair multiple controllers to the same receiver, simply follow these instructions for each separate controller.
To summarize the instructions:
- Plug in the gaming receiver to a USB port on your computer
- Use the “Install Automatically” option if the Add New Hardware wizard pops up
- Download the XBOX wireless controller software from here and install
- Once installed, turn on the controller by pressing the middle ‘X’ button
- Press the connect button on the receiver (the light flashes green)
- Press the connect button on the wireless controller (pictured below).
Your Xbox wireless controller should now be connected to your machine. Repeat steps 4-6 for each additional controller.