A few months ago, I restored my Mac from a Time Machine backup. Now, when I try to play a game on Steam (Civ 5 for example), Steam does not seem to be aware of the location of the game. I found the game on my hard drive, located at:
~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/sid meier's civilization v
I believe the game was previously referenced in
If I open the
Civilization V.appfor the game, it bounces in the dock and disappears when I click it.
Is there a way to restore Steam’s memory of the location of the game?
How to find your games and files on Mac is:
- Click on desktop.
- Click on Go which is the 5th button in on your left.
- Go the the 2nd last command which is Go To Folder…
- Click on it and enter this text ~/Library/Application Support
- Find the Steam Folder and click on it.
- Go into the steamapps folder
- Go into Common Apps.
- Redownload it.
- Search Steam for any bugs or wrong algorithms they may find.
- There you go it should have worked!
Source : Link , Question Author : Steve Hansell , Answer Author : Brandon Minnick