In Dishonored the game as I am escaping the prison, I got a prompt that warned me:
Using stealth and nonlethal approach has benefits. Fewer rats and
weepers, some people react favorably, and the final outcome is not as
What are all the different endings? And how much chaos yields them? And what is the optimal ending?
Dishonored has two different endings depending on how you play the game. If you kill everyone you will get the evil ending (high chaos ending). If you don’t kill very many people, you will get the good ending (low chaos ending):
- At the good ending you’ll save Empress Emily Kaldwin.
- At the evil ending Corvo Attano dies.
- In the high chaos you can still save Emily
You can save Emily at the high chaos ending even if Havelock sees you, by stopping time and using blink to get directly in front of him.
You cannot see an exact value of your current chaos, but here are some tips:
- Weepers count towards your detection value if seen. They also raise the Chaos Rating if killed
- Rewiring traps that result in kills will count towards kill amounts and Chaos level
- Friendly characters do not count towards detection. This includes Rats, Hagfish, River Krust etc. They also do not raise the Chaos Rating when killed. This changes if they see you make a hostile/aggressive action.
- Wolfhounds do not count towards Chaos Rating when killed, however they can discover you and other bodies you leave behind. Best to kill these while hidden
- Killing under 20% of the characters in each mission should ensure the Low Chaos Rating score at the end of each level.
- Chaos Rating can have many effects on each level, such as increased enemy presence or different available items.
Source : Link , Question Author : Lore Friendly , Answer Author : Wrigglenite