According to the Genji Gamepedia page, Reflect’s ability is:
With lightning-quick swipes of his sword, Genji reflects an oncoming
projectile and sends it rebounding towards his opponent.
It’s not exactly clear what this means. Does this mean that reflect can only reflect non-hitscan projectiles? Or can he also deflect hitscan projectiles such as S76’s Pulse Rifle bullets or Widowmaker’s shots? Can he also reflect Ultimates such as Roadhog’s Whole Hog or Hanzo’s Dragonstrike?
The list of projectiles Genji can reflect is nearly identical to the list of projectiles D.Va’s Defense Matrix can block, but with the added bonus of being able to negate damage from Melee and physical attacks, such as Winston’s Primal Rage or Reinhardt’s Rocket Hammer.
Genji can deflect
- Ana’s Biotic Rifle (scoped & unscoped) (Source), Sleep Dart, and Biotic Grenade
- Bastion’s Recon fire, Sentry fire, and Tank projectiles
- D.Va’s Fusion Cannons and Light Gun Pistol
- Genji’s Shuriken
- Hanzo’s Storm Bow, Sonic Arrow, Scatter Arrow, and Dragonstrike (Arrow)1
- Junkrat’s Frag Launcher Grenades, Concussion Mine2,3 (Source), and Total Mayhem (Source)
- Lucio’s Sonic Amplifier
- McCree’s Revolver, Flashbang, and Deadeye
- Mei’s Icicle and Blizzard2
- Mercy’s Caduceus Blaster
- Orisa’s Fusion Driver and Halt (Source)
- Pharah’s Rocket Launcher, Concussive Blast, and Rocket Barrage
- Reaper’s Shotgun and Death Blossom
- Reinhardt’s Fire Strike
- Roadhog’s Scrap Gun and Whole Hog
- Soldier 76’s Pulse Rifle, Helix Rockets, Biotic Field2,4 (Source), and Tactical Visor
- Sombra’s Machine Pistol
- Symmetra’s Energy Ball
- Torbjörn’s Rivet Gun and Turret bullets
- Tracer’s Pulse Pistols and Pulse Bomb
- Widowmaker’s Sniper, Assault Rifle, and Venom Mine
- Zarya’s Particle Cannon (secondary fire) and Graviton Surge2
- Zenyatta’s Orb of Destruction and Orb Volley
Genji can nullify damage from
- Reinhardt’s Rocket Hammer (Source)
- Roadhog’s Chain Hook (Source)
- Torbjörn’s Hammer (Source)
- Winston’s Primal Rage5 (Source)
- All character’s standard Melee attacks (Source)
Genji cannot deflect
- Ana’s Nano Boost
- D.Va’s Boosters and Self-Destruct
- Genji’s Swift Strike and Dragonblade
- Hanzo’s Dragonstrike (Dragons)1
- Junkrat’s Steel Trap and RIP-Tire (Source)
- Lucio’s Sonic Amplifier (Alternate) (Source) and Sound Barrier
- Mei’s Endothermic Blaster frost and Ice Wall
- Orisa’s Protective Barrier (Source) and Supercharger
- Reinhardt’s Charge and Earthshatter
- Sombra’s Hack, Translocator (Source), and EMP
- Symmetra’s Photon Projector beam, Photon Barrier, and Sentry Turrets
- Torbjörn’s Armor Packs
- Widowmaker’s Grappling Hook
- Winston’s Tesla Cannon, Jump Pack, and Barrier Projector (Source)
- Zarya’s Particle Cannon (primary fire)
- Zenyatta’s Orb of Harmony and Orb of Discord
- YouTube – ALL GENJI DEFLECTS by Oskar Overwatch
- YouTube – Which Ultimates Can Genji Deflect? by Arekkz Gaming
- YouTube – Genji Things He Can And Can’t Deflect | UPDATED by Havvan
- YouTube – Fact Check: Genji Deflect vs Orisa by Rent
- Can Genji deflect Sombra’s Translocator?
- Can Genji deflect melee attacks?
- VG247 – These are the Ultimates Genji can deflect
- What Attacks Can D.Va’s Shield Block (or Not Block)?
- What ultimates can be damage boosted by Mercy?
- What do damage buffs affect?
1Hanzo’s ultimate is fired as a reflectable arrow before transforming into unreflectable dragons.
2Only reflectable in mid air before hitting the ground.
3Junkrat still triggers mine detonation.
4Biotic Field is a projectile with no traveling speed.
5Primal Rage knockback still applies.