What do Ken and Ryu say when they do their special moves?

I know the there’s hadōken (波動拳, wave-motion fist) for the ball of fire/plasma.

Does anyone know what they say for the jumping uppercut and the helicopter kick?

If the words changed over time, I’m particularly interested in what they say in Street Fighter II.


The uppercut is known as the “Shoryuken”, and that’s what he says while executing it, while the kick is known as the “Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku” which he says while executing it, or the “Hurricane Kick” due to the tough pronunciation of the name.


Source : Link , Question Author : Louis Waweru , Answer Author : Mr Smooth

Leave a Comment