I thought of becoming a paid Runescape member, but I’m not sure the expense is worth it. Therefore I’m wondering what are the advantages of becoming a member? What more could I do? I’m already a level 40 free player with I’ve got 100Kgp and full mith armor.
It’s been a long while since I played Runescape but I had a members account at one point so here are the advantages:
- A much larger and more varied world. On a free account you have three pretty similar towns, and the Wilderness. Members get locations like the cave goblin city, the dwarven city etc.
- More powerful items. This is most noticeable for Mages where they have access to more runes, and more robes. Free accounts only have the blue and black wizard robes, members have the mystic robes and more.
- Easier money making. On free accounts you need to do a lot of world hopping to find available resources that aren’t swarmed by crowds. The population on members’ worlds tends to be lower, and they’re spread over a much larger area, so there is less rushing to click first for resources.
- More choices for money making: Stuff like pure essence mining is unavailable to free accounts.
- Further advanced weapons and armour: Free players stop at Rune. Dragon items exist for members.
As originally mentioned by Jason Berkhan, there are two other advantages I originally missed.
- Members have a far more quests than free players. Members also get new quests on a regular basis.
- Members have more skills. Skills such as Herblore, Agility and Fletching are members-only.