This question will help for two projects, one being a No-Leveling challenge, and the other being for any new game I start to help raise respective skills.
To clarify, what I’m looking for are items that can be obtained with
- little to no skill use (Lockpicking and Sneak excluded)
- No perks required
- No quest completion (starting quests is fine)
- No difficult kills (eg killing a Dragon Priest, avoidable fights are fine)
I’m specifically seeking
- High base damage
- High base defense
- High use speed (fast bows, fast weapons)
- Useful abilities can be used as tiebreakers
Note: Due to the nature of this question, mixing and matching to get the best out of what you’re working with is encouraged as perks for matching sets or all light or heavy armor and such do not apply. So if say only a piece of Heavy Armor gauntlets can be found that is stronger than the gauntlets of the strongest set you can find, that is worth noting.
I will post my own answer including the items I know of and their values.
Thus far the best I have found via playtesting are as follows:
- Elven Sword, 12 base damage, found in the Dragonsreach Jarl’s Quarters in a locked display case.
- Scimitar, 12 base damage, obtained by killing a Corsair on the Dainty Sload (boat northeast of Solitude).
- Dawnguard Waraxe, 11 base damage, found on the roof of Fort Dawnguard.
- Elven Warhammer, 22 base damage, found in Jorrvaskr in a locked display case.
- Dawnguard Warhammer, 21 base damage, found on the roof of Fort Dawnguard.
- Elven Bow, 13 base damage, found in Jorrvaskr in a locked display case.
- Ebony Bow, 17 base damage, sold by Falas Selvayan at the Ramshackle Trading Post in Solstheim, possibly equipped.
- Glass Bow of the Stag Prince, 16 base damage, sold by Falas Selvayan at the Ramshackle Trading Post in Solstheim, possibly equipped.
- Crossbow, 19 base damage, found on the roof of Fort Dawnguard, slow reload speed, 50% knockback, very different firing arc from longbows.
- Bonemold Armor and Shield, 73 base armor (+21 w/shield)(set), found on a dead Redoran Guard (along with Elven Bow and Sword).
- Dwarven Armor pieces, 78 base armor (+26 w/shield)(set), found in various Dwarven Ruins, full set in Nchuand-Zel but may be difficult to obtain and may require some quest advancement.
- Dawnguard Heavy Armor, 104 base armor (+26 w/shield)(set), given upon siding with the Dawnguard early in their questline, shield is found on the roof of Fort Dawnguard.
- Penitus Oculatus Armor, 51 base armor (set), kill the Penitus Oculatus agent in Dragon Bridge, bonus points for being able to equip a Circlet with the helm.
- Dawnguard Armor, 61 base armor (set), several pieces found in and around Fort Dawnguard, I think you need to progress through the questline to get the chestpiece though.
- Diadem of the Savant, 7 base armor (head), found outside Froki’s Shack, Circlet.
Source : Link , Question Author : Dorian , Answer Author : Dorian