I was playing a Steam game yesterday and remember taking a Steam screenshot with the F12 key. I distinctly remember the “shutter” sound and the Steam popup which appeared with the small version of the image. But checking the screenshots section of my Steam profile today, I can only see old screenshots for that game, and nothing from yesterday.
Where did my screenshots go? Did I lose them completely?
- I’ve looked under the “all” tab of the screenshots section, to make sure I’m not missing anything.
- I’ve clicked the “Update” button, it didn’t change anything.
- This game certainly supports this feature – I took screenshots this way in the past.
- I’ve checked the regular screenshot folder for the game – the one where the screenshots go to if you just click PrtScn – but it didn’t contain any recent screenshots.
- Steam Client details: Built Sep 8 2011, at 13:50:04, API version v012, Steam package version 1675.
- System is Windows 7 64-bit.
- Game in question, if it makes any difference, is Civilization V.
You haven’t uploaded the screenshot yet, so it won’t be on your profile. in Steam’s main menu, click on “View” -> “Screenshots”.
You can then pick the game to show at the top, and that will show all the screenshots you’ve ever made in that game, uploaded or not.