Zarya’s ult pulls in enemies and bunches them together for a short period of time. As far as I can tell, there is no way to walk out of it or jump out of it with normal movement options.
Are there any heroes that can escape the ult using their abilities? Are there limitations to those escapes?
Heroes that I think might be able to escape (none of these tested or confirmed, listed in no particular order):
- Tracer (blink, rewind)
- Junkrat (bomb jump)
- Winston (jump jets)
- Pharah (jump jets)
- Reaper (Wraith form, REAPositioning?)
- Genji (dash)
- Mercy (guardian angel)
- Widowmaker (grappling hook)
- D.Va (jets, nerf this?)
- Reinhardt (charge)
- McCree (dodge roll?)
Update: As of July 2017, Zarya’s gravitational surge now disables all movement abilities of affected heroes preventing their escape.
Some abilities, however, do remain unaffected, as they are not true “movement” abilites:
- Orisa’s Fortify is designed to let her escape effects like this.
- Reaper’s Wraith Form isn’t a movement ability as much it is an immunity ability.
- Moira’s Fade works like Reaper’s Wraith form, granting immunity and escape.
Source : Link , Question Author : Zach Thacker , Answer Author : Community