I’m planning to play the Big World Project version of the Baldur’s Gate games. I’d like to have a standard party with one fighter, one thief, one priest, and one mage.
Which of the NPCs should I take if my goal is to keep them as long as possible? What should be the class of the main character?
The only rejoinable recurring characters between BG1 and 2 are:
- Imoen: Thief (Thief/Mage in BG2)
- Minsc: Ranger (and a decent fighter)
- Viconia: Priest
- Jaheira: Fighter/Druid
- Edwin: Mage
So they would last you the longest. They’re also a lethal combination. The only thing is, I’m not sure but I think you may have trouble keeping this party together if you have low charisma and low or high reputation.
Choosing the player’s class:
- You already have 3 decent fighters: Minsc, Jaheira, and Viconia (with a strength boost)
- 2.5 healers: Viconia, Jaheira, and Minsc once again
- And the most powerful mage in the game: Edwin
- I don’t remember how good Imoen is but I’m sure she’s not terrible.
Point being you can choose any class for the PC. I usually go with one of the thief variants or a sorcerer in DnD games.
Source : Link , Question Author : Zizzencs , Answer Author : Community