In the quest: “In my Time of Need“
- “I am a noble of House Suda in Hammerfell.”
- “The Alik’r are assassins in the employ of the Aldmeri Dominion.“
- Saadia is known for constantly changing her name.
- Saadia is wanted by the noble houses of Taneth for treason.
- “She sold the city out to the Aldmeri Dominion. Were it not for her betrayal, Taneth could have held its ground in the war.”
Who’s telling the truth? How is it possible to confirm their claims?
The purpose of this quest I think is to make you question which is the right option to take.
It is intentionally unclear.
My logic was this:
- The Alik’r were shunned by Whiterun, that’s saying something. Perhaps they have a bad reputation for being dirty mercenaries.
- It is more likely that an individual spoke out against an organization rather than one individual causing the fall of Taneth.
- The Aldmeri have always been able to win fights without the assistance of individuals, especially noble women, who may or may not have access to military secrets.
- If she had caused the downfall of Taneth, why would she hide outside of Aldmeri territory? She could be easily protected elsewhere.
I did see this though:
If you accept Kematu’s request and help him capture Saadia, you may
encounter a group of Thalmor Justiciars in the wild that carry a
Justiciar Execution Order with your race and name. This may indicate
that Kematu might have been telling the truth and that Saadia truly was a
traitor (source needed, Justiciar Execution Orders are normally issued
because of the assault on the Thalmor Embassy in the main questline).